FIRE/DISASTER & EMERGENCY INFORMATION
- Ramona West End Fire Safe Council – (includes downloadable/printable PDFs of the extremely helpful Ramona Fire Go to Guide for Fire & Disaster and the Ramona Evacuation Map)
- Watch Duty provides real-time push notifications about wildfires in California. It is operated by experienced fire reporters and other collaborators who monitor radio scanners and other data sources 24 hours a day (Android & Apple apps available too)
- Text to 9-1-1 is available in San Diego County. Call if you can; text ONLY if you can’t.
- San Diego County Sheriff’s Department – Ramona Substation
- Helicopter Announcements – Call or text “Hello” to (858) 866-HELO (4356) to receive helicopter messages straight to your phone.
- Dialing or Texting “988” will connect people in distress to the 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline.
- San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E):
- Vista Hill Smart Care, Ramona (resource guide & monthly calendar of food resources)
- First Congregational Church of Ramona (food distribution on the second Friday of the month). Also see the FCC Ramona Facebook page.
- SOWED in Ramona (food distribution at Calvary Chapel Ramona every other Saturday. Watch the SOWED in Ramona Facebook page for updates.
- Ramona Food & Clothes Closet Mobile Pantry (Feeding America San Diego mobile pantry every third Friday of the month; plus, pantry in store: Mon-Fri 9:30am-5pm) – website / Facebook
- Mountain View Community Church/Feeding San Diego (food distribution on the fourth Thursday of the month, RSVP required – website / Facebook
- Feeding San Diego’s School Pantry Program (food distribution at the Ramona Library, 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month, June-September 2022) – website
- San Diego Food Bank – website / Facebook
- San Diego Hunger Coalition – website / Facebook
- CalFresh – supplemental nutrition program for families and individuals who meet certain income guidelines – website or call 2-1-1.
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) – website
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) – website
- Tips for Finding Infant Formula (CA Dept of Public Health) – website
PET FOOD ASSISTANCE
OTHER RAMONA RESOURCES
- Ramona Senior Center – website / Facebook
- Ramona Community Library – website / Facebook
- Vista Hill Smart Care Ramona – website (includes a food distribution calendar & local resource guide)
- VFW Post 3783 Ramona – website / Facebook
- 2-1-1 provides free and confidential information and referral. Call 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more – website
- Cool Zones – The two designated Cool Zones in Ramona are the Ramona Community Library (Mon-Sat) and the Ramona Senior Center (Mon-Fri). This program also offers free fans and transportation for qualified persons – website
- If you find a lost pet in the unincorporated area of the County, call County Animal Services’ 24-hour emergency dispatch number (619) 236-2341. If you lost your pet, check the lost and found page online – website
- Planning & Development Services/Ramona: website
- Report road-related issues such as potholes, cracks, damaged or missing signs, trash, graffiti and more located in Unincorporated San Diego County by phone or online – website
- Health & Human Services Agency – additional resources – website
- Property tax assessments for the 2022-2023 Fiscal Year may file an application to appeal their value between July 2 and November 30, 2022 – website
- SDG&E offers many assistance programs available to help you with your monthly utility bills and flexible payment options may be available – website
- The California Mortgage Relief Program uses federal Homeowner Assistance Funds to help homeowners get caught up on past-due housing payments and property taxes – website
- The Affordable Connectivity Program is an FCC benefit program that provides a discount of up to $30 per month toward internet service for eligible households and up to $75 per month for households on qualifying Tribal lands – website
- Senator Brian Jones – website / Facebook
- Assemblymember Randy Voepel – website / Facebook
- Supervisor Joel Anderson – website / Facebook