DISCOVER SOME OF THE BEST HIKING TRAILS IN THE RAMONA AREA and San Diego County. UPON COMPLETION OF THE CHALLANGE REIGISTER TO WIN. When you finish you’ll be eligible to win a backpack filled with hiking gear and gifts from local Ramona businesses.
EXPLORE ANY 6 OF THE FOLLOWING TRAILS
- Mount Woodson aka Potato Chip Rock – Street parking along SR-67. Use caution when parking and exiting vehicles. Length and Elevation: 11 miles of trails between Ramona and Poway, 1,000 feet to 2,400 feet.
- Barnett Ranch Preserve – 1500 Deviney Ln. From SR-67, turn south on San Vicente Rd./10th St. to Deviney Ln., turn right. Length: 4 miles of multi-use trails include Valley View Trail, Overlook Trail, Rattlesnake Trail and Oak Loop Trail.
- Ramona Grasslands Preserve – Highland Valley Rd. off SR-67. Trail head and staging area are east of Archie Moore Rd. Length: 4-mile-long loop trail on 480 acres in the western portion of a 3,521-acre preserve.
- Dos Picos Park, Eagles Crest – 17953 Dos Picos Park Rd. From SR-67 (Main Street) in Ramona, take Mussey Grade Rd., continue 1.1 mile, turn right on Dos Picos Park Rd. to park entrance. Length and Elevation: Nature trail length is about 0.5 mile, 1,506 feet elevation.
- Mount Gower Open Space Preserve – 17090 Gunn Stage Rd. From State Route 67, take 10th St. (becomes San Vicente Rd.) south 6 miles into San Diego Country Estates. Turn left at Gunn Stage Rd., go 1.8 miles to the entrance of Mt. Gower Open Space Preserve. Restrooms and drinking fountain at staging area. Length and Elevation: 4.8 miles of trails, 1,625 feet to 2,650 feet.
- Santa Ysabel Preserve West – Take SR-78 toward Santa Ysabel. The trailhead and staging area are 1.4 miles before the town of Santa Ysabel. Trails open year-round, seven days a week from 8 am to sunset. Closed after rainfall or snow. Length: 1,512-acre preserve with more than 4 miles of multi-use trails.